A Message to Our Clients Regarding Updated Procedures
What a crazy few weeks it has been!
During the current state of uncertainty, everyone is being impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic. It’s paramount we remain calm and overcome fear. Team Caropreso would like for you to know that the health and safety of our clients, our team members, and the community is of utmost importance. We continue to operate smoothly by offering virtual & video means of buying, selling, or renting real estate. Although our procedures emphasize Social Distancing, rest assured our team will provide the same high level of service you expect from our team!
Thus, we are adhering to the CDC’s recommendations regarding social distancing and other precautions.
For all of our clients, it means we are pre-qualifying in a much different way by:
- Meetings are by appointment only and encouraging video/virtual consultations;
- Asking all parties if they have traveled prior to making an appointment;
- Asking if they have had any illness or symptoms before we meet with them or show any homes;
- Asking buyers to limit showings;
- Disinfecting the office daily;
- Offering all virtual tours online (our agents are happy to do a video prior to a personal showing)
- Reminding clients that closings most likely will take longer due to State Mandated restrictions, lenders are having issues keeping up due to refinances, appraisers are backed logged, and shortages of office staff.
- Conducting most closings digitally if applicable
We are not sticking our head in the sand, but we are also not creating panic
Housing – buying, selling, and renting – is still a necessity. We still have clients who are moving to or from our market area as Maryland is home to many government and military personnel. If you find it a necessity to move during these times, we are available for you virtually to help answer any questions. We also can help guide and prepare you for the future when the time is right for you to make a move.
The government has labeled the construction/home building industry as ESSENTIAL, so, thankfully, many crews are still employed. A new construction shortage existed before the outbreak, and we anticipate an even larger shortage post-pandemic.
Additionally, given that the real estate industry as a whole was much stronger at the onset of our current crisis than before the 2008 recession, we will emerge from this economic downturn stronger. Interest rates are at historic lows.
That said, we have seen a slowdown which we believe and hope will be shot lived, along with other sectors of the economy. But, we will continue to support small businesses and our community to the best of our ability.
Please reach out to us with questions, concerns, or any needs that you might have. Together, we will arise from this crisis stronger.
Your friends at Team Caropreso
See below for more resources to help you through this time.
SBA– Offering very low rates for businesses now in need